Altova is a software company specializing in tools to assist developers with data management, software and application development, data integration and innovative solutions for mobile devices. The creator of XMLSpy® and other award-winning XML, SQL, and UML tools, Altova is a key player in the software tools industry and the leader in XML solution development tools.
Altova focuses on its customers’ needs by offering a product line that fulfills a broad spectrum of requirements for software development teams. With over 5 million users worldwide, including 91% of Fortune 500 organizations, Altova is deeply committed to serving clients from one-person shops to the world’s largest organizations.
Currently we are looking for a
Spanish Technical Translator (f/m)
Limited-period contract (maternity-leave substitution)
As a Spanish Technical Translator you will be part of Altova’s Documentation team and will be working with team members in the Development, Marketing departments and other Altova departments to provide English-to-Spanish translations.
Your primary task will be to localize Altova’s software applications for the Spanish market and to maintain those localized versions through future product updates. At the same time, you will be translating the technical manuals for those software applications from English into Spanish. You will also work with the Marketing department to translate the Altova website into Spanish and maintain updates to the website in future versions.
Amongst other available resources, you will be using machine-assisted translation tools, such as Passolo and Trados for the translation process, so that a translation memory of recurring phrases can be built and utilized. From time to time, you may be asked to translate e-mail communication with partners, resellers, and customers in Spain.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college, university or school of translation, or comparable experience.
- Native Spanish speaker
- Distinct writing and oral ability in own language, as well as in English: essential to maintain quality and integrity of source texts
- Must have 3+ years of technical translation experience
- Experience with localization and translation tools like Passolo and Trados or other comparable tools
- Proficient in use of Windows, Word, Outlook, and other office applications
- Strong team player who needs minimal supervision
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments, balance priorities, and meet deadlines is essential
- Experience with localization issues and cross-cultural awareness
- Experience with localizing software applications for the Spanish market
- Some HTML and/or XML knowledge
- Attention: This position is a temporary employment that ends in March 2020.
For this position we offer a minimum salary of € 2.825,– gross/month. Additional payment based on your qualification and experience is possible. Our office located in Vienna’s first district has an excellent infrastructure and is conveniently accessible via public transport. If you enjoy working in a highly professional, flexible, and casual environment (flexible working hours, etc.), please send us your CV via e-Mail to: hr-vienna @ altova.com.
Include a cover letter explaining how you fit the above criteria and how your previous experience will help you succeed as a Spanish Technical Translator for Altova.
A-1010 Vienna, Austria/EU
hr-vienna @ altova.com